Super creamy, sweet and spicy with a little bit of crunch! This recipe is great for lunch, dinner or even a quick snack. The blend of sweet potatoes, nuts, coconut, ginger, turmeric along with other ingredients provide natural oils, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and phytonutrients that contain antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents and healing properties that help support the natural functions of the body.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts or roasted cashews
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger or 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh turmeric or ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground morita chili or red chili flakes
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 cup chicken stock or veggie stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk from can
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp honey for extra sweetness (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (optional)
Garnish: Microgreens, crushed peanuts, sweet potato chips, coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat coconut or olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until lightly browned, add in the garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, Morita chili, turmeric, cloves, and tomato paste. Sauté together for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and sweet potatoes, and continue to sauté for about five minutes so the flavor can develop.
- Add the chicken or veggie stock, coconut milk, coconut butter, honey and roasted peanuts: bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, and working in batches purée soup using a blender until smooth add salt and pepper to taste. (add extra chicken stock for desired thickness)
- Serve soup in a medium size bowl and garnish with Microgreens, sweet potato chips, crushed peanuts, and Coconut oil or olive oil. Enjoy